Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course developed by Mental Health First Aid England. It is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid and is designed to raise the awareness of mental health in the workplace and reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues.
Having a qualified Mental Health First Aider in the workplace provides a point of contact for an employee who is experiencing a mental health issue or emotional distress. This interaction could range from having an initial conversation through to supporting the individual to get appropriate help. In a crisis, Mental Health First Aiders can spot the signs of mental ill health and are valuable in providing early support for someone who may be developing a mental health issue.
The two day Mental Health First Aid training course teaches practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards the right professional support.
- Gives a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
- Creates a more positive and supportive workplace culture
Thursday 17th and Friday 18th October 2019
Location: ProAktive House, Sidings Court, White Rose Way, Doncaster, DN4 5NU.
Time: 08:45 registration and refreshments and 17:00 finish, both days.
£325 + VAT per person including lunch and refreshments.
To book your place please call our HR Team on 01302 341 344 or email KrisKerins@ProAktive.co.uk