Safety Leadership is a vital component of any health & safety process & is critical to the success of any health and safety management programme. Leadership and commitment are essential in ALL aspects of business management – so why should health and safety be any different?
The known documented benefits of effective safety leadership are:
- Improves employee’s safety behaviour
- Reduce lost time and minor injury frequency rates
- Create better business continuity, thereby increasing productivity by avoiding incidents, accidents, breakdowns and process failures
- Reduce insurance premiums costs
- Improve standing and reputation among suppliers, clients and partners.
- Leads to better all-round economic performance
- Sharpen your skill-set and make you a more effective leader
- Create understanding of good practice in health & safety
- Enable bench-marking of your performance against others
- Shape your safety and health vision
- Identify steps to achieve your safety and health objectives
Our practical, focused and informative course provides a useful insight into how to set about managing and leading safety in an effective way.
All delegates will receive instructions to download and access the ‘IOSH for Leaders’ app, which provides a wealth of information and support that delegates can continue to access after the course is completed.
The IOSH Leading Safely course is based on discussion and self-evaluation. The course is centred on the key activities of a diagnostic questionnaire, which helps you identify strengths and weaknesses in your company’s safety management arrangements. A two-part case study allows delegates to discuss major health and safety management issues and find workable solutions for them.
If you would like to know more about our range of health and safety training courses, please contact me on 01302 341 344.
By Ken Stevens CMIOSH – Risk Services Manager