If you’re closing your premises over the Christmas period, you should ensure that your property is protected while you’re away.
Unfortunately, the festive spirit isn’t shared by everyone. The fire & rescue service advise that holiday periods such as Christmas are prime times for arson and vandalism.
What to look at?
The following are some of the points you should consider:
- Are all combustible materials outside of your premises kept to a minimum?
- Have combustible materials been moved away from perimeter fences?
- Have waste skips and rubbish bins been emptied?
- If waste is to be left in skips, are they lockable?
- Are all doors and windows locked?
- If your business is on an industrial estate or retail park, is there a security manager you have discussed site security and arson risks with?
- Have any vehicles that are to be left on site been secured?
- Where possible, have electrical items been turned off?
- Are the intruder and fire alarms set and has a member of staff been put on call to deal with any activations?”
If you would like to discuss how best to manage the risks within your workplace in more detail, please speak to Ken Stevens on 01302 341 344.